Last Updated: October 24, 2011
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information Do We Collect About Our Customers?
The information we learn from customers helps us enhance and personalize the Websites and the services we offer. We gather the following types of information:
- Information You Give Us. We receive and store any information you enter on our Websites or give in any other way (e.g., by telephone). This may include information you provide when you register as a member, engage in transactions, search, contact customer service, or participate in contests, promotions, surveys, forums, content submissions, chats, bulletin boards, discussion groups, requests for suggestions or other aspects or services offered by us. As a result, you may be supplying us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit/debit numbers, expiration date and other billing information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; names and e-mail addresses of friends and possible Share the Savings and other people.
- Automatic Information. We automatically receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, as most Websites do, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses HappyAha.com. This information is compiled and analyzed on both a personal and an aggregated basis, and it may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that you just came from, which URL you will go to next, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. Other examples of automatic information we may collect are purchase history, products viewed or searched for, visits to certain pages, page interaction information and the phone number you used to call our 800 number. We associate the information we store in cookies to personally identifiable information you submit while on our site.
- Information Provided by Third Parties. We may obtain certain information of customers from third parties. This may include updated delivery or address information from carriers and information (including name and email addresses) of possible Share the Savings from customers.
- Linoz uses small text files called “cookies” that provide non-personally identifiable information to us regarding the visitors to the Websites. In addition to the URL and IP addresses of our visitors, cookies may gather the date and time of all visits to our Websites. We may also track the pages of our Websites that users viewed during their visit, or track search terms entered on our Websites by that visitor. This helps us keep track of the number of visitors to our Websites and allows us to gauge the areas that are of the most interest to our visitors.
How Do We Use the Information We Collect and Do We Share the Information We Receive?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business. We use information we collect from the Websites to communicate with you, to process your orders, to provide an enhanced and more personalized interactive shopping experience, to facilitate your transactions with our third party marketing partners and to inform you of offers and discounts. For example, you can expect to receive a welcoming email to confirm your username and password, we communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request and to manage your account. We also send service related announcements on occasions such as when we need to temporarily suspend our site for maintenance. We also will send you promotional emails on occasion. Generally, you may not opt-out of service related communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to terminate your account. Your account is with Linoz, the owner and operator of the Websites and not with the individual Websites, and the information collected through the Websites is used byLinoz for purposes of both Websites. However, you can opt-out of direct promotional communications from each of the Websites by following the unsubscribe instructions within each communication from that Website or emailing us at email@example.com. We share customer information with third parties only as follows:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may work closely with other businesses (that we don’t own or control) that sell products or services on HappyAha.com.
In some cases, these businesses may operate stores or websites that sell products or services to you directly. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. We share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
- Promotional Offers. We periodically provide our customers with information about third party products and services we believe will be of interest to you and with opportunities to participate in offers and/or promotions on behalf of other businesses. Your participation in these events may require us to share data with such a business. If you do not want to receive such information or offers, on behalf of third parties or otherwise, please opt-out during registration, email us later at firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow the unsubscribe instructions within each communication.
- Other Third Parties/Select Partners. From time to time, we might establish a business relationship with other persons or entities who we believe are trustworthy and whom we have asked to confirm that their privacy policies are consistent with ours. These are known as our Select Partners. In such cases, we might share and cross-reference information, including personal information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. We may also combine your personal information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with our Select Partners and others. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you about our products and services that may be of interest to you, and for further promotional purposes. If you do not want us to share information with Select Partners please opt-out during registration, email us later at email@example.com, or follow the unsubscribe instructions within each communication.
- People with whom you Share the Savings. If you choose to use our Share the Savings service to tell a friend or someone else about our site, we will ask you for your friend’s or that person’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend or that person email sharing your Savings Code with him or her to use on the site. Your friend may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that we remove this information from our database.
In order for you to get credit for a Share the Savings friend who joins BaoaAha.com, the person whom you share must enter your email address or a unique password that identifies you as the sharer. We send emails on your behalf to the person you’d like to Share the Savings with. Also, if you were shared to HappyAha.com by an existing member, that member may be notified each time your order qualifies him/her for a credit.
- Reviews/Share This/Testimonials. If you review a product on our site, your review may be posted on HappyAha.com. as well as on a partners’ network site that shares reviews with other shopping communities. When you use “ShareThis” to post to social networking sites or to tell your friends about our site, the information is collected by a third party site to facilitate your postings. “ShareThis” allows you to enter your friend’s email address and/or import email contacts from various email service providers. Once the email addresses are imported, you must manually click on each email address you wish to send a communication to. Please note that these third party sites’ privacy policies govern the collection and use of the information collected on those sites. You should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums. When seeking or receiving customer testimonials or feedback, we disclose that we may post their first name along with all or a portion of their testimonial on the Websites unless they inform us otherwise by following the instructions we provide.
- Merger/Sale. In the event that HappyAha.com, all or substantially all of their respective assets, or a line of business of is acquired, individually identifying information of our members may be one of the assets sold in connection with that transaction, without notice to you or your consent. We will notify users of the Websites of such a change in ownership or transfer of assets by posting a notice on the Websites.
- Bankruptcy. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used. Therefore, you should know that in such event, your personal information may be treated like any other asset of Linoz, and sold, transferred or shared with third parties, or used in ways not contemplated or permitted hereunder, without notice to you or your consent.
- How Secure Is the Personal Information You Collect?
- We have taken precautions, including the deployment of technological resources and the use of firewalls, systems and procedures, to protect the security of your personal information. When you enter credit card information on our Websites, we may store it so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you order, but we encrypt it when storing. While no security system is absolutely foolproof, we are constantly reviewing, refining and upgrading our security technology to protect your privacy. When you open an account with HappyAha.com, you are issued a password by which to access and secure your account and account information. Although we have taken these precautions, you are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password, which should not be disclosed by you. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
- HappyAha.com contains links to other websites. We have no control over the content, policies or actions of these sites, even if you are offered services on those sites because you have established an account with HappyAha.com. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every websites that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies only to information collected by our Websites.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to become a member of HappyAha.com. We do not collect information from minors.
- Changing Your Personal Information
- You may review, change or correct your personally identifying information at any time by accessing your account information on the Websites or calling us at the contact information below. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of your personal and other information, including your e-mail address, and we urge you to review your information regularly to ensure that it is correct and complete.
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Contact Us: